RC Newsgroups

Is there a RC Air Binary Group that Pictures can be posted to. This group appears to be text only and I would like to post a few pics of my aircraft.

Thanks

Brad

Reply to
Brad

Try alt.binaries.radio-control

Not hard to find its just up the road past the old oak tree.

Reply to
ABLE_1

Brad check out alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Reply to
3for3

Two more for you:

alt.binaries.pictures.radio.control

and

alt.binaries.pictures.radio.control.models

Reply to
Ed Paasch

All are dead groups.

At least they are on my server. but thanks anyway.

Brad

Reply to
Brad

Go to Google, click on the groups box. After the page changes (highlights groups), enter the name of the newsgroup that you want to view. Voila!

Now you are not dependent upon your ISP's contracted news provider to satisfy your usenet needs.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

| > All are dead groups. | >

| > At least they are on my server. but thanks anyway. ...

| Go to Google, click on the groups box. After the page changes (highlights | groups), enter the name of the newsgroup that you want to view. Voila! | | Now you are not dependent upon your ISP's contracted news provider to | satisfy your usenet needs.

Except that the alt.binaries.* groups aren't carried by Google.

The groups in question --

alt.binaries.pictures.aviation alt.binaries.pictures.radio.control alt.binaries.pictures.radio.control.models alt.binaries.radio-control alt.binaries.models.scale

are *not* dead, but they are pretty low volume. Note that the first is mostly about full scale planes, not models, and the others aren't just about airplanes.)

You could sign up with Easynews (at

and get

20 GB/month for $10/month of downloads, and they do have a nice web interface for getting at binaries) but there are other options.

If all you care about are model pictures, and you already have decent text newsgroup access, it's probably not worth it -- just look for pictures on google -- there's certainly plenty out there.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

(highlights

I knew that sounded too easy for some reason.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I realise that this thread has been around for a bit but anyway, here is a little history as I remember it.

One of these -alt.binaries.pictures.radio.control.models- is supposed to be dead but the others are alive, although not used much. When these grps were created, there was a lot of discussion, acrimony, gnashing of teeth, etc. and some grps were created to just "move on". It was pointed out to us that "alt.binaries.pictures.radio.control.models" violated newsgrp naming conventions. (not sure about "alt.binaries.pictures.radio.control") "alt.binaries.radio-control" was then accepted as the default newsgrp for posting model pics. So, depending on how busy or on top of things an ISP my be, you may or may not see any or all of these grps. Gord Schindler MAAC6694

Reply to
Gord Schindler