Re: A chuckle......

I don't think that thru is a word.

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

Yes. Here's a page with a photo of a 1905 Olds Reo with a wicker trunk on the back:

I think the Ford speedster has a real trunk, too:

But language is funny. Maybe there's some other etymology.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

I know it doesn't sound right , but it is in The Ole Websters. Definition" simplified spelling of "through" Surprised you didn't catch me on" tear , tare and tower ". Of course , in some parts of the south they do pronounce them all the same. LOL

A fun thread.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

I thought that grammer was what Ted Kennedy called his grandmother.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Yeah, I happen to hear a fire fighting "expert" on TV yesterday talking about how volatile high-octane jet fuel is. Cripes!

Reply to
Craze

to and too

But, the one that drives me nuts the most, is when on a commercial, they will say something along the lines of:

"you can save UP TO 50% ... or more" . If it is up to, then logic says there can be no "more".

David

Reply to
David Morris

But wait, there's more!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Nick W.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Reply to