Re: Blimp envelope

Hi all,

> > I'm planning to build an rc micro-blimp, and so far, I've > found lots of useful info on the net with respect to making > the envelope yourself. One thing remains missing though: how > do you make a template for cutting the mylar foil for the > envelope? Well, not really how do you make it, but how do you > obtain the flat cutout shapes needed to make an ellipsoid, or > cigar, or drop-like shape? Anyone on this board have experience > with this? > > C.
Reply to
MK

How about a condom filled with helium, and the receiver and motor duct taped to it?

Dan

Reply to
Dan Thomas

Oh heck! Just find someone who has left their blow up santa, snowman, reindeer, heck the other day I saw one of those huge black spiders from hollow weenie.

Just get inside that sucker have a friend zip it half way up and turn on the blower, now the tricky part spray the inside with 3mmmmm adhesieve till it fills just to bursting point and have your friend open the zipper. let the glue dry ya got it made.

tomb

Reply to
tomb046

This might be a place to start, a book on building and designing hot air and gas filled model blimps:

Good luck with your project,

Tom

Reply to
Tom Johnson

Thanks for the info. At least someone's making sense here :-)

C.

Reply to
Chaytriff