Re: Futaba 6XS trims

48 per axis

Hi,

> The new Futaba 6EXA has 241 position digital trims. > > How many positions have the Futaba 6XS non-digital trims? > > What difference does it make? > > banjo
Reply to
Brian Lambert

well, I'm not really sure how many mine would have. I know that you can run

the trim all the way in one direction adn then save the trim position in

memory such that neutral now becomes all the way in one direction. If you

then add again all the way in the same direction you get twice the number of

clicks in that direction. I do not think you can continue adding them like

that, but it might be possible. I've never tried it.

Mark

Reply to
Penguin254

Mark,

You will eventually max out. Sorry, i don't know off hand how many

steps the radios have available to the digital trims.

Sincerely,

AnnMarie Cross

President

Crosswinds Equine Rescue, Inc

annmarie cross

I have found that if you set the adjustable travel at max (140% on mine) the

servos sometimes stop moving before the stick is at full deflection.

especially when using mixers and things as well. So tx has no problem

telling the servos what to do, it is often limited by how far the servo can

turn.

So i guess you will find that if you set a lot of trim or subtrim, you will

lose some servo travel in that direction. so even when using digital trims i

usually set the adjustments up on the servo linkages to save any problems.

On my FF8 you can set the amount of travel for each click of trim, so much

finer adjustments can be made, useful on pattern models.

Reply to
Nigel Donaldson