Re: if im going the speed of light will turning my headlights on make any diference

Slow down just a little bit, let the light get ahead of you, then resume your normal speed.

Reply to
Alan Harriman

Those you are approaching will see the "red shift" of your lights, think you are an emergency vehicle, and get out of the way. Safer that way.

Reply to
D. Anderson

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that would be "blue shift" since you are approaching the observer, the wavelength would of a higher frequency. You know, the Doppler effect. They would probably think you are a cop and pull over. HEHE

RCFlyr sed that, I think, Doh d:^)

Reply to
Frank Vassey

You're right. Red shift is for objects moving away at near light speed.

OK, use 'em for tail lights. Make 'em th>Wrong.

Reply to
D. Anderson

And to think my Mom used to bug me for reading all those Science Fiction books as a kid...

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

The light from your headlights will be traveling at twice the speed of light! That is, if your battery is hooked onto your bootstraps.

Reply to
Tom Johnson

actually from the second you break past lightspeed whatever you see won't change till you drop again down below light speed because the reflected light from the objects you will be passing won't be able to catch up to you. Some professor once told me this, all about relativity.

Reply to
Ryan Kremser

Does any one know what the speed of dark is?

Reply to
Paul in Redland

The speed of dark is 0, light goes through the dark, so dark is the medium.

Reply to
Flierbk

Lights would be the least of your worries since your mass would have increased to infinity and you could be traveling in the 4th dimension. You may even be getting younger, so be careful or you could become too young to qualify for a driver's license ;-)

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

OK,

Would you see anything in your rear view mirror when you were traveling at the speed of light?

Dan Thompson (AMA 32873, EAA 60974, WB4GUK, GROL) remove POST in address for email

Reply to
Dan Thompson

The only thing I know for sure is the hurrier I go the behinder I get. Must have warped my drive.

over here spock, over here.

tomb

Reply to
Thomas Buehrer

About 1/3 of a second. Thats how long im awake before i hit the ground after my wife finds out about the new toy i bought.

Reply to
MikeF

*Exactly* the speed of light, or just slightly faster or slower?
Reply to
Warren May

Hey, now! Don't you go and mix any *real* physics up in this discussion!

...but as good an answer as any to the question as it stands is "yourself".

-tih

Reply to
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

Hi

Slightly off topic, but I have discovered why my planes keep crashing

- it is all to do with quantum mechanics.

Quantum theory says that you can know where something is or it's speed but NOT both. I know the speed of the prop (I have measured it with a tacho) therefore there is no way I can possibly know exactly where it is in the sky.

This can be demonstrated because if you look down at your Tx for a few seconds, then look back, you usually haven't a clue where the plane is.

Regards P.S. Quantum theory also explains why cats hate going to the veterinary surgery - it is all to do with Schrodinger's cat. You put your cat in it's carrying box, take it to the animal doctor and the animal hasn't got a clue whether it is going to be dead or alive when you open the box at the surgery!!!!!

KGB

Replace "for" in "careforfree" with 4 - the rest should be obvious!!

Reply to
;d;o;t;

Well, that means I won't be bothering to replace the dead battery in my tacho, then. I'm so confused about the cat that I think I need a can of 'Heisenberg' lager, or maybe I don't...

Reply to
David Smith