Re: Lithium

Norman, The short answer would be no. It's not too high of a draw for some lithium cells. The longer version is... how do you know 4-5 amp draw? Lithium cells have a different voltage and much different internal resistance than NiMH or NiCad. If you would like i can run some number thru Motocalc for you to get a better idea of power draw and runtime. Shoot me an emial to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com and we'll talk.

Scott

I would like to use a lithium battery to power two GWS EDF-50 ducted fans. >From what I can find out the fans draw about 4-5 amps each. Will lithium >cells work, or is that too much draw? > >-- >Normen Strobel > snipped-for-privacy@zoominternet.nospam.net > > > > >
Reply to
Icrashrc

Yes, but you may need to parallel them or use two packs, and controllers, one for each motor.

have a look at the e-tech data sheets at

I'd suggest 4 e-tech 1200's in series parallel on ine controller, or a pair of series cells one pack each motor.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I was going by the information posted on

I was thinking about using the 5 bladed prop, which goes up to 4.9amps. But for now I will stick with the 3 blades. A 2 cell lithium would put out 7.2volts so according to the specs that 4.2 amps.

Rotor EDF2030x3 Volts (V): 6.0 Amps (A): 3.34 Thrust (g/oz): 56 / 1.98 Power (W): 20.04 Efficiency (g/W - oz/W): 2.79 / 0.10 Rotor EDF2030x3 Volts (V): 7.2 Amps (A): 4.20 Thrust (g/oz): 74 / 2.61 Power (W): 30.24 Efficiency (g/W - oz/W): 2.45 / 0.09

Reply to
Normen Strobel

I get Lithium (carbonate) from my pharmacist every month.

Reply to
lithops

I wonder if you picked 'lithops' since you seem to be a 'living stone'.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Sheeez..... sounds uplifting to me.... :)

Reply to
Joe D.

living ? maybe stoned ? you bet !

Reply to