Re: newbie thinking RC.

Wife and I build gliders, and catapult them,

We are considering RC. > Does anyone else do that? > Ken & Lynne.

Pretty cool gliders, pilot figure and all. Paper and foam? Freeflight is good training for RC. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:05:39 -0800 (PST), "Ken S. Tucker" wrote in :

I've spent days happily catapulting styrofoam gliders.

My last one circled the house and landed in the street.

Moments later, it was bits and pieces.

I haven't put any RC gear into a catapulted glider. But you're in luck: there is FANTASTIC gear available. You could probably get a micro reciever, small battery and a servo or two into one of your planes for minimum expense and only a very slight weight penalty.

The cheapest way in might be to buy a complete ready-to-fly park flyer (TX, plane, batteries, charger, etc.) and fly it until it breaks.

Then take the stuff out and put it in your glider.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:43:37 -0800 (PST), "Ken S. Tucker" wrote in :

No problem.

You are ready to rock and roll (and loop, spin, stall, spiral, crash, and ... well, probably no burn for you guys)!

Let us know how it turns out. :o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Got a real smile out of the gliders. Some look a little like the alternative ideas that were suggested for the space shuttle. How do you shape the foam parts? With a hot wire cutter? Bob

Reply to
icerinkdad