tiger shark

excellent motors, had plenty of experience with the 40-46 size. i now just added a 1.20 to my collection. plenty of power, hand starts, at the moment experimenting with plugs a fuel as i have found the bigger ones dont like to much oil or nitro. only will be junk to those who cant handle model engines or have little experience. like any motor, trial and error. not all motors will use same plug/fuel combination.

Reply to
0406johnboy

"0406johnboy" wrote

Johnboy:

I have no frickin' idea what you just posted.

Be more like a grown-up, and use some capital letters, periods, and paragraphs.

This is not instant messenger, or text messaging. You will not have to pay more for including the above items.

The readability of your post will go up from 1 to perhaps 70, on a scale from 1 to 100.

Reply to
Morgans

Also, readability will also go up if you quote what your responding to.

Reply to
Vance Howard

"Vance Howard" wrote

Strange thing (I think) is that he started the thread, since there is no _Re:_ at the beginning of the subject.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Reply to
Morgans

I got what he was talking about. What's the big deal. Thank him for his input, sheesh. Post was started by Bubb and responded to by the likes of Ed Cregger and Paul McIntosh and others. His post wasn't for you, but I doubt the OP will ever see his reply. As a matter of fact, I bet the OP stayed away from Tiger Sharks from the responses I saw, OL' jonboy is a day late and a dollar short. MK Welcome the group jonboy

Reply to
MJKolodziej

OK, it was this thread he started. There was another thread about tiger shark engines that he responded to. He didn't quote who he was responding to and didn't use capitals or punctuation either.

I think he was posting via RCGroups where you have to click the "quote button to include quoted text in your replies.

Reply to
Vance Howard

I had some extra time this AM so I thought I would correct this so it is SOMEWHAT readable. Hopefully, this is better. {:-)

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

"Ted Campanelli" wrote

Thanks. NOW I fully comprehend. ;-)

How close are you getting to having it all figured out? Have you settled on the best oil content, and blend?

How about the plugs? Which ones have you tried, and which one is best, so far?

How is the midrange, and transitions from idle, and up through the RPM range? Lastly, what props have you tried, and what RPMs are you getting?

I have been considering a big block motor, and all are still in the running. It is good to hear real reports from people that are running them.

Thanks, again.

Reply to
Morgans

I got rid of my "Big Blocks" a couple of years ago. I have a very bad back (only good for about 15 minutes on my feet) and could no longer deal with getting them in and out of my van plus the assembly time at the field.

These days I just do 46's and 40 size electrics.

I am going more and more to the 40 size electrics. I get the power and performance of a GOOD 46 engine, the visibility (size), the ability to handle the wind and I no longer have to lug a 45 lb flight box to the field. I still haven't decided on what to do with the rest of my 46s and my 72 & 82 4 strokes (Saito). I guess I could always "pickle" them and stick them with my other engines.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Our health problems may be different, but the result sounds the same. I've been selling off my larger stuff (dang it) and I'm moving back to .40 - sub .60 sized models. It isn't easy after accumulating quite a few really good engines that are slightly larger, but too large to handle comfortably. Oh well, nothing lasts forever. At least we had some good days in our lives.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger