Tiger Shark engines

Anyone have any experience with the Tiger Shark engines?
Sure look like a good value if they are reliable.
Thanks in advance,
Tom Bubb
Reply to
Bubb
IMO, they're junk! After my experience with a .40, I'll never trust another one on any of my planes. One too many dead-sticks finally cost me a plane. The *cheap* route for me was not the best choice. For my money, I'll stick with OS, Irvine, YS and Saito...
Reply to
Doug
Don't forget Enya and Webra.
Ed Cregger
Reply to
Ed Cregger
Sometimes, the cheapest way is to buy quality...
Reply to
Joe D.
Or TT and GMS or MVVS or Jett or Nelson, etc.
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
And, sometimes quality doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
Well, I guess that about sums it up!!
Thanks for the responses.
Tom B.
Reply to
Bubb
A friend of mine has one and loves it!
Reply to
David
You all are nuts! These are fantastic engines if you can find them. Extremely reliable and powerful.
By the way, I have at least 150 engines and the tiger shark .40 is one of the ones I fly in a plane even with 23 other choices in that displacement range.
Max
Reply to
Max Tenet
excellent motors. not all of us a capable of handling model engines. i. have had experience with the smaller sharks, 40-46, and just added a 1.20 to my collection of motors. runs like a charm. experimenting with fuel and plugs as the bigger sharks dont like to much oil or nitro. at the moment im using a medium heat long reach plug, 15% syn/castor mix & 5% nitro and it perfect but think it could be tweeked a little more.
hope this helps.
Reply to
0406johnboy
Thanks Jonboy. mk testing from rcgroups account. Wondering where this reply will show on USENET.
Reply to
mjkolodziej
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 08:54:09 -0600, mjkolodziej wrote in :
rec.models.rc.air
Marty
Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ
Max, if you like them so much, I'll make you a sweet deal on mine. I sent it back to Kangke while it was under warranty. Don't know what they did to it, but I have never taken it out of the box after they returned it. If you're interested, PM me.
7th Angel
Reply to
7th Angel