Re: OS head bolt size???

Anyone know the head bolt size on a OS 61FSR? I need a new set..typical

> rounding of the hex head.
Reply to
Geoff Sanders

Someone will have the size for sure, but my guess is 3.5mm... Not my point w/ this post..

Just wanna add that DuBro offers a waay better screw than the OEM screws.. Check their car parts line.

And if the screws you now have are rounded, get some fine auto valve grinding compound and dab a bit into the screw heads, then remove the screw, using a new hex key...

This has NEVER failed to work for me.

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

Good luck. Not many corner hardware stores carry hardware that small. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

They are 3.5mm x 15mm

This is from Harry Higley's Book on repairing and maintaining $ stoke engines.

Reply to
Doug Dorton

Sounds like I'm beatin' a dead horse. Sorry about the double post. I post on Goggle Groups and sometimes it takes hours to show up and other times a day or more, so things can get a little out of order or context.

Skylane: You must be correct, since you have the screw in hand, but if you already have the answer, why did you ask the question??

Could this have been a troll?

If 15mm screws are too long, you can cut them off a little with a dremel tool and a cut-off wheel, or order them from microfasteners.com SCM3512 M3.5x12 20 for $3.40

Reply to
Doug Dorton