Re: Poly Lithium Batteries

"
I can highly recommend the Astro Flight Model 109. This will handle up > to 11 cells (if my failing memory is still working). It automatically > selects the number of cells - all you do is select the charge rate > (normally 1C), it will also discharge the cells automatically. >

Unfortunately, just 9 cells. I'm in need of a 10 cell charger and the only ones I can find are the much pricier Orbit or Schulze chargers....

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

Probably the Schulze then, or split into two 5S packs and charge in parallel on the Astro. Although that may seem crazy, it may actually help keep the whole pack a little more balanced.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's a 10S4P pack, so that would result in 8 seperate packs to charge. Although I plan on breaking it down to smaller packs at home, it won't be practical for flying days....

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

| It's a 10S4P pack, so that would result in 8 seperate packs to charge.

Actually, you could break it down into 2 5S4P packs, giving you two packs to charge -- just make some wiring harnesses to do that. You can charge li-poly packs in parallel just fine.

Of course, it will take a while to charge ... hopefully you have at least two chargers, perhaps four ...

| Although I plan on breaking it down to smaller packs at home, it won't be | practical for flying days....

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Yes. That was my thinking too. Just make the pack up with each $P block independently acessible, and stick a balanacer in for safety.

Then charge at whatever combo suits the charger.

Even if its not charging at 1c, and astro could charge the equivalent

5s8P pack eventually.

Probaly flatten whatever leisure battery you use to do it mind :)

Since the pack ought to come out for safety when charging, I see no reason to e.g. not use two astro chargers one for each 5s4p block anyway.

why not? As the man ysa, you end up with a pack with 4 wires coming outr of it, and the plane harness turns that into a 10s4p. The craging harness turns it into 2x 5s4p....or even 1x 5s8p.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher