Re: RC Plane Wheel Brakes

Ok, after reading the thread and time at the lhs I made w break for my e-flite f15. using a rudder pull cable setup, the barrel portion of a blue fork terminal, fuel tubing, and a spring. When the elevator hits full down break is on. cost to make it was under $10.

Simply install the cable system and solder one of the little threaded ends on to connect to the servo arm of the elevator servo. at the wheel end use fuel tubing to space for the spring, put the metal tube (barrel of the fork terminal in my case) that will move on after the spring. Put the clevis on and connect to ele servo. Put your elevator to full down and disconnect power (leaving ele in full down position) and solder the other end to the metal tube so that once covered with fuel tubing it will rub the tire. What you end up with is a brake that is on when you push full nose down.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: PIC-0018.jpg | |Download:
| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
Reply to
raven_darkcloud

Pictures are fuzzy, so I can't see much detail. From what you wrote and what I can make out...are you saying that the elevator servo is PULLING up on the spring at ALL times...unless you are in the full down position?? Rich

Reply to
rich

Exactly. It is pulled by ele except in full nose down. I will try to get a vid later. It can stop it well and hold it back some what for take off. Later I will try a harder fuel tubing. the one down fall is that I might need to use a stronger servo on the front retract. First I will make a bend relief. (wow typing on strong *** coffee makes it hard to focus) The springs for a losi micro t might work well too. Once I get things worked out I will try to make some better parts on the lathe.

Reply to
raven_darkcloud

Won't the constant pulling run the battery down?

Reply to
richg99

its a light spring the servo barely notices it. I got the spring out of a click top pen.

Reply to
raven_darkcloud