Re: Tower Hobbies--Not a Rant

Champaign to Milwaukee is like 80 miles or so

no it isn't.

Chicago to Milwakee is almost 80 miles

Reply to
ftupetK2

so it isn't worth a couple of days to save the 20 bucks? are you one of those guys that fills your pocket with jelly packets at a restaurant, and then bitch because they didn't have strawberry?

Dan

---------------------------------------------- What's the difference between a car battery, and marriage? The battery has a positive side.

Reply to
Chuck Steak

One order shipped from Reno the next morning, the other order is still being picked and packed in Champaign. I usually get the orders from Champaign next day, regular ground. (Champaign to Milwaukee is like 80 miles or so). But if it takes them two or three days to fill the order, WTF? Why is Reno OK, and the mothership so slow? Doesn't make much since, this is the first hiccup ever from them. Guess we just wait and see.

John =========================================

I do not see a problem or hiccup at all.

My Tower orders I can see online have shipped in 1 to 3 days and arrive in Texas pretty fast.

I've ordered clothing online and often it is 4 to 5 days (or more) before it ships. DVDs from Best Buy often take a week to ship.

Anything I need/want "now", I go to the store and buy it. In general, I'm not in a hurry and I'm willing to wait a few days to save a few dollars.

Carrell

Reply to
Carrell

I have had this experience a few times. If the product you order is not in Ill. then they will ship from Reno. It will NOT take any longer from either place.....just that the Reno facility has a newer computer system and it updates better and quicker!

Let us know when you receive the packages. I bet they show up the same day or 1 day late for the Reno one at the most!

Lennydude

Reply to
Helilt2

It is to me. I'm the guy that always picks the slowest, cheapest shipping method. :-)

Reply to
Frater Mus

Sorry Sir. Seems shorter in my car.

Reply to
Dirtnap

Got the package from Champaign today, next day, shipped on Thursday. The tracking on the one from Reno says del. on 6-28-04, seven days for shipping. This I understand. I am much farther from Reno than I am from Champaign.

Look guys, I am not pissed about this. I am happy to save money with the free standard shipping.

It just seemed strange to not ship the order for a few days. It seemed strange to me because it has never happened before.

As stated in the header: Not A Rant

John

PS: I am not surprised someone corrected me on the actual mileage, there is always some smartguy waiting to show us all that he is so much smarter that us. From MapQuest: Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 26 minutes Total Est. Distance: 217.91 miles

Yes, I was wrong. My point is: it is still a one day trip.

Reply to
Dirtnap

What would you do if you lived downunder, where it is usually quicker to order from Hong Kong or Singapore because you KNOW the order will arrive in about ten days. It often takes over a month to order from the LHS, but it is not there fault, it is our useless distributers.

Reply to
Gordon

I might think about getting together with RC friends and making a group order with US or Asian mail order suppliers, order lots of stuff, then having it sent DHL or another worldwide courier and share the shipping expenses.

Reply to
ftupetK

ftupetK wrote: order lots of stuff, then

Not a good idea - using a courier instead of post results in extra charges - $50 for customs etc

Post is much better

David - who was really p*****d off having to pay extra for stuff from the US beause they sent it by DHL (who also were hopeless at timely delivery, couldn't keep track of where the goods were, and caused me to waste 2 whole days sitting waiting for a promised delivery - 3 x 100km wasted trips. Pack of useless mongrels

Reply to
quietguy