Rivet Detail

I'm starting to do some rivet detail and I got a couple of questions from the pros. I plan on glassing the parts with Polyurethane. The parts don't need the extra strength of epoxy. The rivets will be done with a syringe and titebond. Should I prime the parts before putting down the rivets or put the rivets right on the PolyU/fiberglass? I did a couple of test rows using 3 parts titebond to 1 part water. I'm still waiting for them to dry. Any other suggestions?

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Gerry Yarrish

Rivets go on just before paint because ANYTHING you spray on top of them (e.g., primer) will "wash" them out and you'll lose a lot of the detail you wanted in the first place. In fact, even if you're careful with the paint you'll still lose some of the rivet detail. That's why they're the last to go on just before paint.

MJC

Reply to
MJC