Roy Clough Design Martian Spaceship

I am looking for drawings of Clough's Martian Spaceship. Does anyone have a set that can be scanned, or know where I can get them?

Thank you.

Reply to
DE

DE wrote in news:595j411r7kqef5afdk6p4kar7f3eigq8eh@

4ax.com:

I think there were two iterations: A free-flight published in Air Trails in 1954 and an RC version published in . . . uhh . . .the 80s?

The Free Flight version shows up in "Flying Models - Favourites Of The Fifties" by Vic Smeed; appropriately enough for a book about the Fifties, Clough's Spaceship is on page 50. Be warned, it's not an easy book to get your hands on, and the "Martian Space Ship by Roy L. Clough Jr." is not a very complete plan.

Someone else will have to help you for the RC version.

Clough sure built some interesting planes . . .

Reply to
Mark Miller

anyone know of some pictures? looked on google but got nothing

Reply to
tater schuld

I have the April, 1954, Air Trails article. Looks sorta like a blimp, approx. 36" long, with an .049 at the nose. No plans, per se, but has side view & construction dwgs. Email me if you want scans of the 2 pages. They're about 1MB ea. at 300dpi, but I could cut them down to 150dpi, approx

250KBea.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave Plumpe

Check the plans stores of the three main US magazines -- MAN, RCM or FM. I think that MAN or RCM are the more likely candidates.

Reply to
Byrocat

M.A.N. carried a construction article for a 'Flash Gordon rocketship' flying model back around '89 or '90. The thing was wingless and pulled by an .049 on the nose. It tended to be very unstable in roll, which was tamed by adding a couple of 'strakes' along the underside. Glide was atrocious.

Reply to
Bill Sheppard

I finally got a chance to upload the files to my website. Here they all are:

As PDF:

As TIFF:

Another plan from the same issue:

I think I e-mailed them to you last time. I'll just leave them on my site now, they only take about 10M.

Andy

Reply to
AndyKunz

Very nice.

You _do_ realize that you sent this to a newsgroup?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Yeah. He cross-posted the request here and on RCGroups, so I've replied in both locations. I saw other posts, so it looked like it might have had interest to more than just the OP.

Andy

Reply to
AndyKunz