saito 180 or FPE 2.4

Cant decide on which motor to power my SIG Extra 300XS with,

Saito 180 FPE 2.4

I like gas but am thinking I would get better performance with the saito as its nearly a pound lighter..

What do you all think ?

Reply to
RCDUDE

I had a Brison 2.4 in mine and I loved it. It would tumble with the best of them. You are right that the Saito would make the plane lighter. When I went through this decision, I wanted to try gas and I did and was happy.

I did all the mental contortions...you know....gas is cheaper/glow more expensive (and that Saito will drink it !)....less field equipment with gas....glow is lighter...ignition/no ignition...glow engine is smaller package than gas....

I was happy going gas but you may have different priorities in your flying style.

Hope this helps a little.

CJ

Reply to
CJ

Yes I have a few gasser planes and is why I was considering gassing this one two. However I did decide since I had the Saito 180 sitting on the shelf recently rebuilt to go with it rather than spend a few hundred dollars on another gasser at this time. I think I will like the power but I remember all to well how fast the 180 drinks!!

Thanks for you input

Reply to
RCDUDE

Heck, if I had it on the shelf, it would be a no-brainer ! lol

Good luck and tell us how it went once your first flight is complete : ) .

CJ

Reply to
CJ

I'd go for the 2.4! I have one and it's a great engine! More reliable and less messy than the Saito...not to mention the miserly use of cheap gasoline!

Reply to
Jim Slaughter