Saito 40

"stops in mid flight" "When I restarted it about ten minutes later I had to turn the engine over several revs with the electric starter. Usually it would start on the first rev when restarting " Indicates the motor the motor has leaned out in flight, got hot and used/dried out all fuel remaining in crankcase. Try taking off a click or two richer on the needle valve or checking for air leaks especially if using a Du-Bro or similar fuelling valve. Fuelling valve may have a stuck shuttle or need new "O" rings which should be replaced each year or two - especially if stored for any length of time and dried out.

regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.

Every once and a while my saito 40 stops in mid flight. Five minutes into the flight it stops dead. When I restarted it about ten minutes later I had to turn the engine over several revs with the electric starter. Usually it would start on the first rev when restarting after finishing a flight. I presume Im doing something wrong. Does anybody have any idea what. Thank you Carl Anderson. Delta B.C. Can

Reply to
carl anderson

Reply to
LeeH

My Saito .40 was leaning out, but not quitting. I could tell something was wrong and quickly brought the plane back down. The culprit was a small plastic shaving caught in the carb. spray bar. Don't know how it got in there. I use an inline fuel filter.

Scott

-- Preston S Justis Astrophotography home page:

Preston S Justis

(snip) I had 2 of these engines years ago and a similar problem with one of them. Turned out that the intake tube has a rubber O-ring where it fits into the cylinder and it was not in far enough to seal properly. I had to do a little filing down where the carb and intake tube are screwed on to tilt the tube into the head a little more.

Reply to
Bill Bunn