Re: Moki 1.35 idle problem

I have been breaking in a Moki 2.1 on the bench with a 20x8 prop, FA

fuel, large fuel line. I am pretty impressed with this motor out o the box it seems to run well and idle well. Breaking it in per th manual, I have been keeping it at full throttle around 6000 rpm an letting it cool every 3-5 minutes. I like the fact that I can keep m had on the cylinder head at WOT and it is just warm. I have about 2/ of a gallon through it so far and it feels ready for the Giant UCD. really like the Moki carb it responds well to all adjustments and act the way I expect it to. On the other hand I have an MDS 1.48 and foun the motor to be very unreliable. The carb on the MDS does not seem t be a quality piece and I suspect that is the cause of most of it troubles. Anyone know of a replacement carb I could try on the MDS?

Ken, If you are still having idle problems I would check some of th obvious. Try a different glow plug, Re-center your lowspeed mixture and look fo anything out of wack in the carb, look for pin holes in your fuel line

-- Turbo44

this thread:

Turbo442