Salt Lake City Clubs

Hi Folks,

I am moving to the Salt Lake City, Utah area and I would like to learn a little more about the clubs with flying fields in the area. I checked out some of the web sites, but I would like some additional information on the "style" of flying at each.

I started with CL in 1953 and then moved into early RC with my dad (old free-flight guy) shortly there after. I no longer fly to compete in any class or organization. I fly a wide variety of aircraft just for the fun of moving from a .30 FS size up through a large scale, high-wing model during the day. For days when I need "depressurization" I kick back in my lawn chair and fly gliders. I also enjoy glider towing. With the exception of my "gassers" I fly 4-cycles. I enjoy envolvement in club activities that make the experience a positive personal hobby, family, and social experience. I love to organize and cook for both internal club dinners and "open to the public" promotional BBQs. I am a volunteer flight instructor and enjoy helping with aircraft construction projects. All of my radios are on the 50.xxx 6-meter channels.

I would appreciate information from anyone on the newsgroup who is a member of one of the clubs.

Thanks in advance,

Flightdeck

Mike Gordon