Toe out!?

I have an electric airplane that weighs 3 1/2 lbs. After about 100 flights, the wire landing gear had twisted such that the axel of the left gear had twisted to give the left wheel a toe out. It surprised me that there were no adverse effects on the ground handling. The fact is I no longer have to give right rudder to correct for torque when taking off. Hmm...

I understand the concept of toe in, but now I wonder if giving the left wheel a toe out would be the right thing to do? Had I discoverd a "new" concept?

Curious! Wan

Reply to
Wan

I would get an alignment if I were you, otherwise you will have uneven tread wear and will most likely have to replace the wheel.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

MY DREAM!! To fly one airplane until I wear the tread off the wheels. Yippee!

Reply to
CainHD

I agree! For the price of a new set of tires, I'd run the plane on the ground until the wheels wear out.

Wan

Reply to
Wan