Distributors outside of the UK?

Hi All,

I am trying to get in contact with distributors of radio controlled models and equipment outside of the UK, Does anyone have names/web addresses etc. of any R/C distributor outside the UK?

Thanks

Alan Ward snipped-for-privacy@rc-cam.co.uk

Reply to
Alan Ward

I'm sure many are going to reply/think/make a similar statement or watch with interest. Obviously you net address indicate you are currently UK based. Even if the equipment is for personal use items over a certain value will attract the Custom & Excise/VAT the mail man collects for him. Remember frequencies differ and finally warantities etc.

Naturally there are ways to minimise these risks

Reply to
Johny H

Looking at the prices here in the UK vs the US, you could pay customs, VAT and shipping and still come out ahead on many products.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

He said distributors, not retailers. To my mind that means buying for UK resale, oin which case trying to evade VAT is suicidal. Once they get their teeth in, they never let go (so my accountant says, I never ever tried to fiddle VAT)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is completely hit or miss on VAT for items under around 100 pounds. I usually don't get hit for shipments less than that.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Dear All,

I think there has been a serious misunder standing, I'm am not trying to start a VAT fraud of any kind. We are a electronic product manufacture based in the UK, I am just trying to find radio model distributors outside of the UK to supply model shops in other countries of our RC-CAM systems.

We are fully aware of importanting and exporting as we undertake this method with other products, besides VAT is not chargable under curmsuatnces when exporting from the UK.

If you are able to give names of RC model distributers in your country, I would be very greatful.

Best Regards

Alan Ward

Reply to
Alan Ward

It would have been helpful for you to give this info in the first place.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh