N&W City of Decatur?

Hi all, this may be a longshot but perhaps y'all can help me on this-

Does anyone know what kind of equipment and consist ran on Norfolk and Western's passenger train "City of Decatur" in the years leading up to Amtrak? This was a former Wabash run from Chicago to Decatur, Illinois that apparently bit the dust when Amtrak started. So far online, i've been able to find that the train existed, but not much more than that.

Any info- online, books, papers, suggestions, etc is appreciated. I was thinking of trying to model it in HO, as kind of a "local" train for me (I live within ear- and eye-shot of the IC/CN main line here in central IL).

Thanks, Eric

Reply to
skyliner