Can anyone help me with this macro ?

In my parts I add 2 custom properties (Proyecto & Piezanum).
I need that when i do a drawing with this part and save this drawing,
the name of the drawing file must be "Proyecto-Piezanum.slddrw".
Is it possible?, How?
Thanks for your answers :)
danferes
Reply to
danferes
First off, rely heavily on the API help from the SW help menu.
FileName = DwgDoc.CustomInfo2(configuration, fieldName1) & "-" _ & DwgDoc.CustomInfo2(configuration, fieldName2) retval = DwgDoc.SaveAs4 (FileName, Version, Options, &Errors, _ &Warnings)
Where: FileName = Name of drawing to save configuration = Name of part configuration (use View.ReferencedConfiguration to extract from your drawing view) fieldName1&2 = Name of property with values Proyecto & Piezanum See API help for other variables
You should declare all variables.
If you want to buy a SW utility from my site, I'll write it for you. They start at $10 but you can download and use it in a limited but still useful mode until registered.

Kent KCS Company

KCS Company
Thank you Kent, But I'm not sure how to do it. Here is my code: ********************************************** Dim swApp As Object Dim CurrentDoc As Object Dim swModel As SldWorks.ModelDoc2
Sub main() Set swApp = Application.SldWorks Set CurrentDoc = swApp.ActiveDoc Set swApp = CreateObject("SldWorks.Application") Set swModel = swApp.ActiveDoc
CurrentDoc.ViewZoomtofit2 ' zoom to fit CurrentDoc.EditRebuild ' rebuild doc
CurrentDoc.Save2 False ' "save doc"
swApp.QuitDoc swModel.GetTitle End Sub ********************************************** My idea is substitute "save doc" code with your code (saving the drawing file with "Proyecto-Piezanum.drw" file name. But I am not capable of doing it, can you help me?
Reply to
danferes