Sim for dual-analog Gamepad

What is the best sim which works with a normal gamepad. I have a couple gamepads with dual analog sticks. I realize they won't do justice to the realflight g3 box set, but probably the a lot better than the keyboard!

Thanks,

~S

Reply to
Shea Martin

| What is the best sim which works with a normal gamepad. I have a couple | gamepads with dual analog sticks. I realize they won't do justice to | the realflight g3 box set, but probably the a lot better than the keyboard!

To be more precise, RFG3 probably won't work with your gamepad at all, because of it's copy protection which INSISTS on using it's own controller.

If you can find an old copy of RFG2, the one that came out with the joystick connected controller, before the USB version came out, that would probably work.

As would FMS, the slope soaring simulator and any of the other free simulators.

Of course, if you have a legal copy of RFG2 or RFG3, you should also have the controller that came with it, and so there should be no real need to use anything else.

The dual analog sticks would probably work a little better if they were bigger -- as is, they're a bit small to give any sort of precision at all. But as you said, they'll be way better than a keyboard, and might even be better than a standard joystick since they're at least laid out like a standard controller.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Douglas Bollinger