Adding tempory flaps to Parkzone Spit

I bought a ParkZone Spitfire because I like Warbirds, not really because I wanted to get into RC flying. I realize that I would be better off learning on a trainer, but I will keep at it, even if I have to buy 14 replacement airframes, I don't care, I am quite handy and like fixin' things.

My question is- Do you think it would work to tape on tempory flaps to the Spit to slow it down and could it make it easier to fly until I get some experience?

Larry

Reply to
Larry G.

"Larry G." schreef in bericht news:468d41cd$0$3576$ snipped-for-privacy@news.qwest.net...

Ok, fly that plane, have your 3 seconds off fun and start ordering replacement parts.

With or without tape, doesn't matter... just don;t forget to take a buddy on your first flight and let him film, place it on youtube and post the link here.

Or some before and after photo's..

F.

Reply to
-----> Vliegende Tijger

Use a sim first, it'll save you tons of frustration. Even the free FMS will do, if you add a dirt cheap dual analog joystick to it.

The problem with your bird won't necessarily be the handling - parkzone's birds are comparatively slow and easy to fly in my opinion. You're much more likely to have problems with oversteering, loss of orientation and the resulting lawn darts.

Parkzone has (IIRC) no buddy box capability, so your best bet is a sim.

Jen

Reply to
Jennifer Smith

'parkzone's birds are comparatively slow and easy to fly in my opinion.'

You've not flown the Parkzone warbirds range then?

CM

Reply to
CM

I have :) The Focke Wulf somethingoranother. And frankly, while definitely not a beginner plane, they're still slow enough if you don't go gung-ho on the throttle.

My main plane is an upscaled Stryker btw. and I do own a C-series Stryker. Who both also slow down quite well. A B-series Stryker was my first plane btw (not counting a trainer that hadn't seen much air time about 20 years ago).

Jen

CM wrote:

Reply to
Jennifer Smith

Bad idea, in my book. It will not slow it enough to make much difference, but may make it harder to control.

Remember, the airspeed across the ailerons, elevator and rudder make it controllable. Slow it down, and it takes away some of the control. This is not to mention how the flaps could/will change the center of lift, pitching moments, and otherwise screw up the aerodynamics as designed.

Reply to
Morgans