New Pilot Update-ParkZone Spitfire

The Spit is still hanging safely on my wall, and I've been flying the Super
Cub. Actually the Super Cub almost flys itself! I've got 70 minutes flight
time on it, and haven't crashed hard yet. I broke a plastic wing strut and
cracked the cowl on my first "landing", but no other crashes. I now see that
its going to be a while before I can handle the Spit. If you get into
trouble on the SC, it self corrects pretty well, and I know the Spit will
not. And it goes faster, so trouble happens quicker.
I will probably add ailerons to the SC and learn to fly with them before
trying the Spit again.
Larry
Reply to
Larry G.
Warbirds are my true passion, and I'm not really interested much in planes like the Cub, but it flies and I'm getting to like it a lot! I decided to paint it to make it more visible with a white, purple and neon pink starburst pattern.
The Spit got me into RC flying, and the Cub is making it fun to learn to fly.
Larry
Reply to
Larry
"Martin X. Moleski, SJ" > wrote
Yes it is! It is interesting that there was not a very big chorus of "I told you so's", also.
(even though they did! )
I'm glad it is working out.
Reply to
Morgans
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 02:14:00 -0400, "Morgans" wrote in :
I'm glad it's working out, too.
More power to him and to the multitude of people playing with park flyers this summer.
They are our kith and kin. :o)
Marty
Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ