Simple question about CA glue...

Not only that but its cure is uneven. I have seen the stuff get rock hard or stay gummy. Rock hard is no better than CA and may even be worse due to internal stresses.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Bob Cowell

hehe!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Don't forget that CA was originally developed for sticking flesh together when it had been damaged...

...and still is in some cases in preference to sutures.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher

I've used it many times to staunch the flow of blood from knife cuts and (once) from running two fingertips into a planer blade.

In that latter case, I wish I had pressed the edges of the cuts together before slathering on the CA. I got too much under the skin and inside the wounds.

The folks who sutured my fingers laughed when they heard how I'd stopped the bleeding.

Both fingertips have healed completely. I think I can see one tiny scar, but I'm not sure an objective observer would see it.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

"Malcolm Fisher" wrote in message news:41c1f08f$0$2649$ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net...

Yep, sure was. The original iirc was repackaged as "Hot Stuff". Oh, geez that was...anyway. It sure is handy to have around when you slice your self open and don't have time to get a band-aid or 4.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

that MAY not be ENTIRELY correct

Bob Cowell

I once had my thumb trapped in a car door which broke the nail most of the way across at the root. An application of CA worked wonders as a repair. I only had to re-apply it about three times before the break finally grew out.

Colin

Reply to
©olin

Thats where I am going wrong !

Need to damage the flesh FIRST !

I mistakenly thought it was to attach *me* to *me* or *me* to the *model* >:-)

Reg

Reply to
tux_powered

Damage isn't mandatory...

...carelessness with the CA bottle is all that's needed to become well and truly stuck - to almost anything :-)))

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher

Reply to