Sky Scooter, How high to fly?

I just got a Sky Scooter Pro II for my birthday. So far 4 flights with no crashes, but several very near misses:). How high should this plane fly. Mine seems to not want to climb much higher than 50-60 feet. That seems too low to me to start trying loops and tricks. I have made it roll succesfully, but am afraid to try a loop because of the low altitude. (also did a hammerhead stall, but that was an accident;) So how high should this thing fly and any thing to check for to make it go higher?

Reply to
Todd7

Fly it differently. The elevator is not the magic "up" stick. If a plane will climb to 50-60 feet, it will climb to several hundred, provided you don't hold full back on the elevator in a vain attempt to force it to climb.

8 cells will help, but the plane will fly okay on 7. One thing you might want to invest in is a peak charger. The charge rate the included timer uses cannot possibly fully charge the included pack if you use it as prescribed. The best you can hope for is half a charge.
Reply to
Mathew Kirsch