Somethin' Extra antenna tube

Greetings,

I just finished building a Sig Somethin' Extra kit. Has anyone ever had any problems with radio performance when running the antenna through the internal antenna tube? I usually like to run my antenna outside the fuse to the tail. This also keeps the antenna from running parallel to the metal pushrods, which I've heard can cause problems.

Any experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Derman

had not problems with mine.

your ant doesnt have to be outside to get the signal.. just like your stereo doesnt have to have an outside ant. as far as the pushrods just dont let the ant touch them in any set up.

Reply to
Dell Shannon

Seems to work just fine. I was leary too, but the design places less material- and metal between the tx and rx. Even running outside the fuse parallels the pushrod tubes- but then the pushrods are nylon with only small metal tips in this particular model.

Reply to
Sisyphus