Sig Somethin' Extra Pushrods

Greetings,

Has anyone used the stock nylon pushrods that come with the Somethin' Extra kit? I typically use solid wire rods, but would like to stick with the kit contents if there have been no problems.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Derman
.

The 4 Star 40 I have came with similar rods, I used them and they have been fine so far.

Reply to
David Smith

They're quite hard to set up so that there's no binding with the manual suggested high rates. Also, they flex a bit. And then there's the problem in countries with big changes in temperature (like here in northern Finland). Nylon pushrods do change their lenght quite much in different temperatures, so there will be some need for trimming. I'm going to either change the nylon rod I still have in the elevator of my SE to solid wire rod or to move the elevator servo in the rear of the fuselage, the rudder servo is already there. Maybe the best setup for SE's tail feathers would be to use two strong mini-servos installed in the rear fuselage, this is of course if you're ready to do some mods to the kit. There will be no problems with too rearward CoG with normal engines.

-JTS

Reply to
Jari Säkkinen

I used pull pull on mine, I think it's lighter than pushrods and lots of travel without binding.

Bill

Reply to
BCarney147

Reply to