Hobbico

Has anyone experienced the Hobbico Superstar trainer?? Seems to be built well and mostly completed. Hasnt been flown yet. ???thanks.

Reply to
jim breeeyar

All the Hobbico trainers are built well and fly well. If you want an ARF, you can't go wrong with one of them. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

On 4/22/2004 8:53 AM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

I learned on a SuperStar with an OS 46 FX, 11x7 Master Airscrew prop (the black one). As your skill improves, switch to an APC - it will provide better performance.

You want to set ALL the control surfaces to minimum throw PRIOR to its maiden flight. I found the recommended throws to be extremely sensitive. The first thing my instructor told me was to set ALL the throws to minimum (as close in on the servo as you can and as far out on the control horn as you can.) Again, as your skill improves you can increase the throws.

The plane is well built, flys very well, is quite forgiving and stable. As with any flat bottom airfoil, watch the wind. The plane is also a "floater".

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

A very fine airplane.Numerous ones at our club and they all are great fliers.In fact I have a friend in La that has one for sale with two flights.Even has all the field equipment with it for $300.Talkin' bout a steal.

Reply to
TX_QBALL