Sportster

Indeed it is hard to attribute, it to, In the late 60's as the radios became smaller and lighter,Lou Andrews, Phil Kraft,Bridi, and I can include myself we all had the same idea , low wing trike gear, tilted engine, and around 56 in span, mine was designed so that the stab came off,(it was mounted at the bottom of the fuselage to be removed for air travel) this was not such a good idea, as stability suffered, I moved it to mid section, it improved, so it was again moved to the top of the fuselage, and the rudder was made larger for more acrobatic results, my count is about

50 of them were built and a few in the Philipines as I sold a plan there Mine was used in a movie as it looked the one the one the sutdio had, and they wahted smoe aerial action. So if we look around we will find that all new trends come about at the same time in different parts of the modeling world, much the ssame as it happens for the big guys.Ray
Reply to
R.A.Gareau

Yes, synchronicity rules the planet, Ray.

It seems that good ideas emerge in multiple minds simultaeously. Like Alexander Graham Bell getting to the patent office just mere hours before another gentleman with a nearly identical patent application.

I do have to say that I feel that Joe Bridi's design was the easiest to build and contained the least parts, of all of the similar designs that emerged in that time period.

I am sorry you did not receive the recognition that you deserved.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger