Flight sim?

I've been away from the hobby for a few years and just joined this group today. So excuse me if this subject has been beaten to death. I'm looking for a flight sim that realistically depicts some of the current popular models, both fixed wing and heli. Are there any alternatives to Realflight G3? What are some of the pros and cons of the good ones? Thanks! Bill

Reply to
Bill_Mc

Biggest selling item at local hobby store is the Hitec USB interface cable

for use with FMS and other freeware (can also be used in place of the serial port cable for some other programmes).

Also refer to Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

sub section: "Buddy Boxes. Servo Leads.Simulators.Interface"

TX 2 TX *** Buddy Box System Operation - RCFU Interface Adapters & Connectors - inc new Futaba Hitec USB Flight Sim Interface (for Hitec Futaba JR Transmitters) + FMS *** Simulators - RC Aircraft and Sailing etc

Aerochopper Review Aerofly & Easyfly = IPACS ClearView RC Helicopter Simulator CSM Dave Brown RCFS 2001 Fly RC Free simulator = Ron's Software Page FMS Homepage - Freeware FMS Links FMS Downloads, arguably the best personal effort *** FMS - Links to many downloads for FMS and scenery design etc FMS Serial Interface for GWS Glider 3D ; RC Sailplanes Simulator Offshore Sailing - Free simulator Pre-Flight (Free Download - buy interface kit) RCFSim v6.01 (2004) - Freeware RealFlight Home Page Reality Craft - RC Plane Master Reflex Flugsimulator Reflex models and scenery - additional downloads by W3 Group RC New Zealand - Free skins for realflight RC-Sim Downloads for Aerofly, FMS, Reflex, RFG 2, etc *** Sail simulator.com - Free download Slope Soaring Simulator - Free download Tru-Flite Technology TTi Tom's - How to set up PC USB Port, Calibrate TX and more Vertigo flight simulator YSFlight - Freeware

"Simulator controllers"

Build an R/C Stick Joystick - The Flying Penguin Futaba Controller - TX Conversion - RCFU TX PC Interface - kitset - Ken Hewitt FMS - Free Flying Model Simulator - Interface DIY instructions FMS Free Flight Simulator - Make your own Interface FMS Serial Interface - D.I.Y for GWS

Reply to
A.T.

Hi Bill, I've had most of them including G2 and G3 (didn't like it). My all time favorite is the Aerofly Professional Deluxe distributed by Ikarus. check it out here

and here
Good luck -

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

try this:

'RC Flight Simulator'

-- skirt

this thread:

skirtz

I have G3 and as far as I am concerned it is no where near as good as Aerofly Pro.

Tom Moody

Reply to
Tom Moody