stripped glow plug threads, Lee Custom Engines.

I stripped out the glow plug threads on my Webra speed 50 last week and sent I sent the head to Lee Custom Engines for a helicoil. It was back in monday's mail(TX to CA and back). Put it on the engine and test ran it today. I was impressed. Pretty handy I think. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

I will need this service for a Saito head. According to his ad in Mode

Airplane News the cost is $20 for a Saito head/cylinder which i stripped down. I will pay the shipping one way but does Mr. Lee pay th return charge? I have not been able to find another heli coil repair se anywhere except for Lee custom engines. does anyone know of a source fo heli coils in a 1/4 x 32 threads size? I have a saito twin and expect t need another heli coil for the other cylinder some day. Appreciate any tips. A pm would be good. Crashe

-- Crasher no-m

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Crasher no-mo's Profile:

this thread:

Crasher no-mo

yes, postage back is paid. Strip it down and send it in. mk I wonder what his real email is.

Reply to
MJKolodziej

On Mon, 5 May 2008 17:00:23 -0500, Crasher no-mo wrote in :

I don't know for sure.

He is a first-class person. I've only heard good things about his service.

You need 1/4-32 -- an odd size.

There is an art to grinding off the excess (or so I've heard).

C.F.Lee Mfg.Co.

10112 Woodward Ave. Sunland, CA 91040 (818)352-3766

Newman tools has a kit for $125! On the other hand, it comes with 10 inserts:

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

On Mon, 5 May 2008 18:23:14 -0500, "MJKolodziej" wrote in :

It must be something internal to rcgroups.

I tried replying to him by e-mail, but it didn't work.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Xinxiang Changling Helicoil Machine Manufacture Co.,Ltd is in China,It is a company specialized in manufacturing all kinds of the wire 'thread insert'

'helicoil'
and its install tools,such as spanner,7-spanner tools,ST taps and unload,broken tools and so on.

Homepage:

jinshiyang

Hello,

TIME-SERT makes a kit for the 1/4-32 spark plug kit p/n 0142SP

also recommend a sealer that goes to 500 degrees for the extenal thread.

The kit is about $90 [image:

DavidVegas128

$90 to do it yourself or $20 to have someone who knows what they are doing do it for you.

Reply to
Vance

I don't know for sure.

He is a first-class person. I've only heard good things about his service.

qfjsy

All about Mr. Lee:D

Comet1