Styrofoam nose bent

I crashed my Harbor Freight Cub and the nose is crunched. Is there a way to soften the styrofoam? Heat?

Reply to
tubbytwo

Yes, heat. Better a hair dryer than a Monokote heat gun, as the latter may get too hot. My 3 yr old Easy Star has introduced dozens of newbies to the sport, and I don't use a buddy box with it. It's been under the hair dryer more often than Oprah has.

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

I have always questioned the Harbor Freight electric r/c models . How do you like yours ? What one did you get ? I notice they sell two different ones ? What is the run time and does it fly decent ? I also see ones on Ebay called a j-3 grasshopper, is this the same plane ? Thanks, Raz

Reply to
Hilltop Cycle ATV

I bought the $79

a 20% coupon came to $64, complete! Not bad. I really didn't crash it. I got it caught in a tree about 60' up, and when it came down it hit. Thanks to a quarterback with a football.

I think it flew pretty well but not in the wind! The $29 V tail twin engine my buddy bought is a little hard to control (no flaps) because it climbs alot into the wind and stalls. A calm day it's ok.

Reply to
tubbytwo

It's the SAME airplane as the Shun Da Cub. Ck here...

tubbytwo