Tower Hobbies $600 Goof

A while ago one of the local tool stores advertised the deluxe Dremal outfits on sale for $129 (usually $229 or so)- for a Saturday sale promotion. When I rushed (100km) to grab one ofthese they explained that this was a typo error - the ad was meant to read $189.

However, without prompting, they then said we are going to keep faith with anyone who wants one at that price, but only for the stock we have in hand. Since there was about 20 sets on display I reckon they were doing the right thing, as that was a more than reasonable stock for a country town store.

Good people - they have got me for an evermore customer. (bought my MIG welder, air compressor, and lots of small stuff from those blokes since)

David

Reply to
quietguy

as much as i know, if u see something with a certain price tag, u have right to buy it for that price, no matter what anyone says. i bought an usb lan card for $3, real price was $30, got it...payed it... not my fault. that's what they advertised, that's what i bought. it doesn't matter what real price is, u r buying it for the price listed! period!

Reply to
Druel

Well son then you don't know much on this topic. By the way that bargain key board you have there is missing a few letter and the shift does not work. Thanks for the input and I suggest you read more on this topic and get a new keyboard.

Bob Ruth

PS. feel free to post a witty response, I ill et u hab te lst wrd. :-)

Reply to
BobAndVickey

I recall a local news story about someone attempting to purchase a car with nothing but discount coupons. The would be buyer claimed the ad didn't limit the number of coupons per transaction. When it went to litigation, the judge threw the case out.

Alan Harriman

Reply to
Alan Harriman