trickle charger from wall wart?

How would you make a trickle charger from an radio charger? and What does OEM mean? mk

Reply to
mk
1- Just use the radio am charger as is to charge your batteries. 2- OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer. My son is an OEM designing and manufacturing the RCWindjammer
and buys from other OEMs to resell to wholesalers and dealers. Usually if my son pays a dollar for a chunk of aluminum it will be sold to a wholesaler for a buck and a half, who will sell it to a dealer for two-bucks who will sell it to you for three bucks.

Wayne See us play at

Wayne Lundberg

I don't know if they still have them available or not, but usually around Christmas some of the discount stores have flasher units available for flashing non flashing light strings. Just plug the charger into the flashing unit and you are home free.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Original Equipment Manufacturer

Will

Will Hicks

I have all my "Wall Warts" plugged into a strip which is plugged into a timer which comes on once every day for 2 hours. If I know I am going to fly that afternoon, I turn them on manual for about 4 hours or sometimes overnight. However, they are usually pretty well fully charged anyway. Ever so often I cycle them and start over. Has worked for years without having battery problems. Just my experience. Yours may vary, of course. DaveDeadly

Reply to
David

Gotta watch that. If the charger doesn't have a diode in the circuit it will actually drain the battery when off. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Add a diode on the AC side - same way one of the manufactured units does.

-- Red S. Red's R/C Battery Clinic

us out for "revolting" information.

Reply to
Red Scholefield