Universal Receiver ???

Here's an ebay number...

3179683200

Anyone know of a website for this mfgr????

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

| Here's an ebay number... | | 3179683200 | | Anyone know of a website for this mfgr????

I don't know about that exact receiver, but here's something similar --

Never used one myself, but it certainly seems sweet.

And at $70, it's cheaper than the starting price on the thing on Ebay. And you know who makes it, and it probably even has a warranty!

The Tracker II radio doesn't look particularly impressive by itself, but it's built in synthesizer, and it's synthesized receiver sound like a big plus.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Never heard of it. I'd be leary. Polk hobbies:

their tracker II synthesized receiver for only $70. It AUTOMATICALLY adjusts to any transmitter.

Reply to
jeboba

I think that same receiver is available from Condor Models Intl. for less money than the ebay one!

Reply to
jeboba

I have sent an email to Condor Models asking about the receiver. Will let you know what I find out.

Reply to
jeboba

It says: "This receiver can be programmed with any aircraft frequency in its respective band (72MHz or 35 MHz) with any FM/PPM transmitter (NOT PCM) it makes no difference if it is negative shift or positive shift." yet it clearly shows in the picture "35M". The key words are "in it's respective band"

I would send an email to the seller and ask him to be more specific. It looks as if a US buyer wins (s)he'll be stuck with a European frequency receiver. Heck, ask him who makes the darn thing, too.

Don

PS: his shipping policy looks flaky, too. They are not consistent throughout the listing. You pay extra for shipping to Europe yet he only ships to the US.

Reply to
Don Hatten

It pays to read the WHOLE listing: "Depended on where in the world you will be buying from you will have a choice of 72 or 35mHz."

Also, Ebay makes that USA only shipping statement for you. I haven't been able to get rid of it on my listings either. That's why you go with the seller's statement.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh