using a buddy box

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 21:11:29 GMT, "Doug McLaren" wrote in :

I feared that might be the case--I never sat down to work it out.

I had hoped the computer radio would just read the gimbals in the buddy box, then do the right mixing. I was wrong.

I just got the 9303 this afternoon. Poking around in the menus, it looked like the Futaba 9-something system that my friend has, so I was feeling optimistic that it might work this way.

No time to Read The Friendly Manual yet. :o)

Marty

-- The Big-8 hierarchies (comp, humanities, misc, news, rec, sci, soc, talk) are under new management. See

for details.

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Crystal is not required - but battery is needed

Works fine - when I first started using buddy box I made my JR8310 the master - after a while I thought I would change this so I (as a learner) got the benefit of my nice 8130 - so changed things around and put the crystal into the cheapy JR xmitter so it was the master and the 8130 was the slave - this worked just fine

Not the JRs

Yep, the slave has to be in the off position - only the master is switched on

David

Reply to
quietguy

Greetings

RE: JR slave circuts

Yes the slave TX switch remains off when used as a slave.

The slave TX is required to have the battery pack installed.

The OF /ON switch on JR radios has two sections. One turns on the RF section and the other turns on the encoder section.

When you plug in the master/slave cable to slave it completes a circut to power just the encoder in the slave.

Do not leave the cable plugged into a slave or master when not using it as it will discharge the battery.

The JR master/slave cable is nothing more than a mono mini phone jack cable. Only the serial data flows through it, no power.

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Prescott