Buddy Box

If I'm working on a buddy cord, does the slave transmitter get its power from the master? Or do I need to charge the battery on both transmitters? I know to keep the power on the slave off.

Reply to
heynow

It depends on the make of the transmitter. The buddy box I used with my old Futaba Super 7 did not require a battery or Xtal. When the training switch was depressed on the Super 7 the stick output of the buddy box replaced those on the Super 7. Ditto for my Hytec Eclipse 7. They use the same buddy cord and box.

Reply to
Jarhead

JR radio systems require the buddy box to have a charged battery.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Barnes

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.