vacuum bagging wings

Hey guys, I am vacuum bagging a set of wing using some West Systems epoxy and would like to know if there is a formula or something that I can use to estimate how much epoxy to mix up for a given sized wing. If you can tell me how many ounces to square foot would be great. Any other metric would also be helpful. If it helps the wings are 3M (121") 948 sq in area.

Thanks for the input.

Frank

Reply to
F-SNisita

I take Advanced Composites in my school for aircraft maintenance and the general rule of thumb is 60:40 by weight. Weigh your wing and multiply by

1.5 to find the resin weight, then figure out your resin/hardener ratio.
Reply to
steve

Reply to
djindivik

Hah! You might have written that with tongue-in-cheek, but throwing away the excess is a far better idea than, Oh SH......TUFF! I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TO FINISH! And then scrambling around the shop trying to find where you left the hardener. That is worse than having to go pee the moment you start brushing the mix on.

Reply to
Casey Wilson

Reply to
djindivik