Plans for static break in engine stand

I have check the archives for plans for a static break in stand. I realize that they are available commercially but being a true hobbist I am interested in building my own stand. I am sure that some of the rec. model rc people have experimented and may have a plan they they would share. Thanks in advance. Doc Ferguson

Reply to
Doc Ferguson

A friend of mine routinely uses pieces of 1/2" plywood clamped to a bench. He's broken in engines up to 1.8" displacement using this crude technique. He just cuts a slot wide enough for the bottom of the engine, bolts it to the plywood, and clamps the plywood to a bench at the field.

The advantage of commercial stands (of which I have two) is that it's a little easier to mount and dismount the engine. Dan's method requires drilling bolt holes in the plywood.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ