slightly OT (or not?)- ancient scale model building plans (stuka, 1940)

Hi!

An eldery gentleman in my building, upon hearing that I "sometimes" engage in model building, surprised me with an old (as in the subject line: 1940) scale plan to build a FLYING stuka (Ju-87B). I was stunned to say the least. And more so when he unearthed some more plans, mostly of naval vessels. He politely inquired me how much they were worth. Since I have no idea, I'm asking here :) All the plans are WW 2 vintage, 1940 through 1943, and all are useable. Since I already have my eye on some, it's obvious not all will end up on sale. But nevertheless, I would like to be fair to the guy and pay him their worth, and also be able to advise him as to how much he can get for the rest. So, please can someone point me in the right direction where to ask, politely inquire etc...? :))

Thank you very much in advance!

Tvrtko Abramovic

Reply to
Tvrtko

Tvriko asked:

There is at least one book providing a listing of "Scale A/C" plans and who to contact to purchase them. Cleveland Models plans were bought by a man in Indianapolis, IN. He advertises in the current US magazines. Be aware the plans are not cheap. If the magazine is still in publication, the publisher probably has a service to sell their plans. Old plans are tough to evaluate, depends on the designer and what shape the paper is in, most of the older (pre 1950) paper does not age well. Old plans are not cheap based on the collector value and rarity.

Oxmoron1 MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

Wonder if Cleveland Models ever learned "accept" credit cards rather than "except" them. :) That's one thing I remember about their ads. That & the huge listing of different plans. Atho I'm not into that, I always wanted to get a set for a fav a/c just to see what they were like.

Reply to
Frank May