Valve Clearence For Enya 60 4 stroke

I need to have the valves adjusted and don't know what the clearence should be. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks Donald

Reply to
DMPLMP

From 60-4C instruction booklet

"The normal valve clearance of ENYA 60-4C are 0.05 - 0.10 mm. When the engine is Cold. It is also recommended to check the clearances after first 1/2 - 1 hour of running and then after every two to three hours running. It is important that the adjustment be made when the engine is cold.

regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby Web Links

A.T.

As far as the actual adjusting goes, it?s pretty simple. Just be sure you have the correct tools and don?t force anything. Turn the engine to T.D.C. (top-dead-center) on the compression stroke. I checked all of my engine manuals, and everybody uses two valve clearance numbers as a ?go-no-go? measurement, which means the one thinner feeler gauge should fit quite easily; the larger one shouldn?t. The ?no-go? number is 0.10mm. and is valid for all major brands. Saito uses 0.03mm; O.S. and Y.S. use 0.04mm; Laser and Enya use 0.05mm as the smaller ?go? number.

Reply to
Lyman Slack

In case you don't have a metric feeler gauge, that's .002 to .004" in inches.

Reply to
Geoff Sanders