Video Capture

If I were to want to take my flight videos or something and transfer them from tape to video mpeg's or DVD can anyone reccommend an affordable USB
device to do that? I was going to use "Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80" but just noticed it had terrible reviews.
Matt

but
Your digital camcorder should support firewire. It's the cleanest and fastest way. Some support analog pass-through; you can connect an analog to its input jacks and convert to firewire.
If you need to upgrade your graphics card at the same time the ATI Radeon All-in-wonder does a good job. Priced according to 3D speed....
PCPhill

Is it a digital camcorder? Since you said tape, I assume that it is analog and you need to convert it to a digital (avi) format. I use the Canopus ADVC-100 (firewire). It does a good job. Pricey though. You will then need a program to convert the captured avi video to mpeg format. Better have a big hard drive as one hour of avi takes about 13G of space. There are several video cards out there that will do the conversion also. Best option would be to find a "friend" who can do the conversion for you.
If you have digital output, then the camcorder should have come with a firewire or usb cable to allow downloading to a pc.
John VB

I bought a Panasonic DVD recorder and it does a very nice job of taking my old vcr recordings and writes them to dvd. A very good investment. Brad

but
I use ADS Technologies instant DVD. It costs about $200 Can. and makes good quality videos. Can transfer tape to DVD, VCD, or SVCD.

them