Something Wicked cool comes this way !

Found a new toy and it is AMAZING

its a 128mb thumbdrive with a twist. it has a VGA 30fps w/sound VIDEO camera inside capable or recording almost 6 minutes of video !!

go here

to see some of the videos I have captured with it including 3 from a rocket today !!!

$150 NOT bad !!! the coolest gadgets to come along in a while.

want to do me a favor ? add my name to the comment field if you decide to get one. I offered to help dispurse brochures at the hobby show for them and they turned around and are not only sending me the brochures but a free camera :-) with 2 I can afford to "mod" one to make it smaller and lighter (and more durable)

he also said every 5 customers I bring to them and he will send me another camera. bit hard to pass up that offer !!

Be WARNED these videos are big (the rocket ones are pretty small all under 20mb but some are massive (over 50mb)

the Gas car one is really cool

they have a bunch of neat ones on the site too (the snowboarding one is really cool)

Chris Taylor

google

Jerry Irvine

Do you have anything to contribute or do you just like seeing your name on the screen?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Hmmm. Sounds like you should have asked yourself that.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

But... all you *did* was re-post the same message as the original poster, with your sig attached. No other comments or content. Why? :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

Sorry - you posted a link that I missed. :-O

Reply to
Len Lekx

Yeah he clicked on the big assed picture of the product and posted that URL BFD I stand by my statement.

Jerry do you have anything to contribute?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Jerry Irvine

Thanks for posting that. Looks pretty cool, especially considering the extremely small size. A few drawbacks.. One, it's just "computer video", not real video. Two, you can only fit one flight on it at a time, so you have to be able to connect it to a computer between flights to download the video.

Still, a nice easy way to get into onboard "video".

&
Reply to
raydunakin

Compared to film it is absolutely useless.

You are spoiled.

How many of those film payloads do you have? 1000?

There are OVER 1000 of these VGA resolution (TV) video/audio self contained devices.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What's the difference between 'computer video' and 'real video'...? I don't have an ATV transmitter to put up, nor am I prepared to put my camcorder into a rocket just yet... :-)

I'm going to have to do that with my modified digital-cameras... the on-board and add-on SD-memory is only good for about two minutes' worth of recording. I expect to download the files after each flight.

Just FYI, Ray - I'm heading out to a launch in Michigan (Three Oaks, to be precise...) in ten days' time. If the weather cooperates, I'll be flying my dual-camera bay twice - once on a K motor, and once on an L. I've programmed my film camera to take 12 pictures at

1.6-second intervals, and the digital will take 1.5 minutes' of "computer video". ;-) I'll let you know the results...
Reply to
Len Lekx

Hi Len, Chris's videos are cool. I like them.

Cool stuff chris ! And for $150 dollars not a bad deal for a computer video device.

to answer your question to Ray however, here are some examples:

Computer Video:

Analog real video converted to computer video (you have to see the real stuff on a analog tv ;-)

you also can pull good looking stills out of real video that is not compressed

and example:

Art Upton

Reply to
ArtU

That's really good for 352 x 240

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I never said they weren't. :-) I was just questioning Rays' assertion that video captured by a digital camera isn't "real".

My unsophisticated eyes can't tell the difference between the two... although I'm pretty sure that the second video is from LDRS in Geneseo... :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

It is bogus.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

video'...?

I don't know the technical differences, but I consider "real video" to be something I can play on any normal TV, just like VHS, miniDV, or DVDs, with at least the same level of resolution.

That's why I say this seems like a nice easy way to get into "video" payloads.

cooperates,

Cool!

Reply to
raydunakin

Bear in mind - the resolution of a TV is pretty much the same as a VGA monitor... 320X240. My Centrios and HP digital cameras capture video in that resolution, 30 frames per second, and have outputs that can connect to a TVs' "Line In" jack. But because I've hacked up the cameras to get them to work remotely, I'll just be copying the file to my computer, and showing it off from there.

Given that I didn't actually look at the device in question, you may have a point there. :-) The cameras I use have to be hacked into, to remotely activate the shutter button and to disable the automatic power-down features.

Fingers crossed, that everything goes as planned. :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

Frames, look at the frames. one jumps the other is smooth

Reply to
ArtU

VGA is 640x480. What you're refering to, 320x240 is usually refered to as QVGA (quarter VGA: half times half)

Bob Kaplow

That's *interlaced* VGA... isn't it? :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx