Octave Video camera better than Oracle?

Saw the article for the Oracle above and I was able to find the link for a pen camera that might have better capability. I did see some
impressive videos in foamy glider and a rocket but I forgot the site I got them from. I did find that manufacturers site and in hi-res mode it can do 6 minutes of video. Here is the address: http://www.octave.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi/act/specs/item/1103564187
Could be awkward to modify but it is indeed possible to do. I think this has better specifications than the Oracle but then the Oracle is purpose built to be put into a rocket. I ordered one. They have a quick video of one being used in a model rocket. The one rocket video I downloaded also has sound with it which is pretty cool.
Kurt Savegnago
Kurt wrote:

You might try the MicroCam II at http://www.jonrocket.com/MicroCam2.html
-John A
juaru5 wrote:

Granted the price is less but you have to mess with a radio link and I believe the performance without a Yagi antenna that you point directly at the model can be questionable. Look at some of the posted videos on the net. The best radio link ones I saw were done by amateur radio guys who were able to legally use higher powered transmitters to give images less bothered by interference and directionality. The unlicensed transmitters are low powered. I believe it is amazing that the multipod can do 6 minutes of 30fps video all in 128mb. If they could cram 512mb in there that would be 24 minutes. Only thing one needs is a USB labtop. You don't need to lug a VCR to the field.
Kurt Savegnago

Kurt,
That is a drawback, however, if you have a decent video camera you can avoid the VCR. I use a DV video camera on the field then transfer it via firewire to my PC.
Also, for 15.00 or so you can get an upgraded antennae that will give you 2000+ feet of range. I've got some great footage. I'm hooking up with an RC guy this week and hopefully we'll get some great airplane footage as well. I'll post them on the website as soon as I get a chance.
John A

Hi Kurt, I don't think you will go wrong with that camera.
it is a much better digital cam then the Oracle and has audio.

It has been modified by at least Chris Taylor that I know of to fly in a L0 model rocket
You can use a Xavien XCC-1 to trigger it in a larger rocket.
I like these pen cam triggers so much I sell them on my Rocket Site:
http://www.boosterworks.com/cart/scripts/prodView.asp?idproductA
Wireless video is not the only way for me as well, and these controllers really work well.
Of course, if someone does want to do wireless, I have the new Flat Patch combo ;-) http://www.boostervision.com/minibruiser /
My Camcorder is in my blue flight bag, with the receiver and patch antenna in that picture.
Let me know off list how that Octave works out for you, art upton AT yahoo dot you know what.
Art Upton BoosterVision.com