usb video cam thumbdrive

I once saw a USB thumbdrive that had a camera that was used for model rocket flights. looking on the net shows that the model i saw no longer exists, and
i can't find any similar. any suggestions?
Tater Schuld wrote:

Chris Taylor had it on his website but it's no longer there. A little googling turned up this;
http://www.graphicice.com/index.php/action/prodspec/itemID/67033
But there's a much cheaper way of lofting digi cams via a rocket. Here's the cam I'm building a rocket for;
http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2005/08/how_to_cvs_vide_1.html
It fits perfectly in a LOC 2.5" BT and is light enough for E/F/G power.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

thats the one. and it was Chris that i was thinking of. anyway, the camera is no longer available.

the 5 in one fits into a 24mm tube. the sucker is TINY
Tater Schuld wrote:

Swear I saw a few on ebay last month.

And that sucker was expensive too. I removed the guts of CVS vid cam and I'm pretty sure it could be fitted to LOC 54mm BT. Not bad considering it's only 30 bones.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
YES sadly they just did not sell well enough for them :-( Part of the problem is they wanted just a bit too much for them. $99 from the get go would have sold so much better.
I think they are available for $60 in Europe but I have never been able to find a way to "get them" Sadly I only have 2 and would really like to get a few more. I want to take a couple apart so I can do even more specialized projects with them but I just wont risk the only 2 I have
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /
Tater Schuld wrote:

Here is the link: http://www.multipod5in1.com /
I wonder why they dropped it. I have one and it's pretty cute. Haven't lofted it up yet.
Anyone know where you can get a CVS cam? I tried locally and they didn't have them. Did they make a newer version that is hackproof yet? I bought one of the dockers to modify but never got around to buying an camera.
Kurt Savegnago
Kurt wrote:

I have 4 CVS video cams; 3 of the old unlocked firmware and one with the locked firmware, 3.76 I think. To unlock the locked firmware was pretty easy but it did involve taking off the cover and performing a short to a capacitor of some sort.
It seams like every month we get a new CVS store here in MN. If needed I could scout out a CVS store to see if they still have them. But I have to admit, it's been 4+ months since I've been to a CVS store so I'm not a 100% certain if they're still available.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75