Smoke tracking.

I am looking for a smoke mixture that I can have the second stage Estes D engine light so I can track the final path of a rocket. It must be low flame so it wouldn't start a fire if the rocket crashes in the desert. Any suggestions?

Reply to
rocketdragon

MRC had some no thrust smoke effect "engines". I -think- they are OOP, but you may be able to find some old stock somewhere.

Reply to
Matt

Talk to someone who mixes research motors as there are some smoke mixtures out there that are easy to make. As long as one is not looking for a precision delay, the tracking smoke works well. One word of caution is that one has to insulate the case well as the smoke delays burn hot. Just look at how the smoke delays are packaged in the commercial RMS motors. Quite a bit of insulation there in the form of a thick cardboard tube.

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt

Reply to
rocketdragon

Sorry the page is in German, but Woti do exactly what you're looking for

- smoke powder & tablets.

G.

Reply to
Graham