movies i am buying - add to my shoping list!

I looked at the VHS tapes I have and realized I should invest in converting them to DVDs
now many new releases of DVDs have bonus material, so I decided to get the
most up to date versions off of eBay.
then I realized that maybe some people here could suggest some additions to my collection, so here is the list
DVD: project moonbase DVD: Blazing Saddles (2004) DVD: Destination Moon (2000) DVD: Dr. Strangelove or: How I Lear DVD: flash gordon 1980 DVD: Flight to Mars (2002) DVD: From the Earth to the Moon DVD: Hackers (1998) DVD: Ice Pirates (2005) DVD: Independence Day (2004)
DVD: Mad Max (2002) DVD: Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome DVD: Men in Black (2002)
DVD: Robot Jox (2005) DVD: Short Circuit (2004)
DVD: Star Trek: The Motion Picture DVD: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kha DVD: Star Trek III: The Search for DVD: star trek iv DVD: Star Trek V: The Final Frontie DVD: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered DVD: Star Trek: Generations (2004, DVD: Star Trek: Nemesis (2005)
DVD: Star Wars Trilogy (2004)
DVD: Tank Girl (2001) DVD: The Adventures of Buckaroo Ban DVD: The Black Hole (2004) DVD: The Last Starfighter (1999, DVD: The Muppet Movie (2005) DVD: The Right Stuff (2003) DVD: The Right Stuff (2003) DVD: The Road Warrior (1997) DVD: The Rocketeer (1999) DVD: Titan A.E. (2001) DVD: Tron (2004) DVD: WarGames (1998) DVD: Waterworld (1999) DVD: When Worlds Collide (2001) DVD: Young Frankenstein (1998)
Tater Schuld wrote:

Need a few humor classics
DVD - Tommy Boy DVD - Repo Man DVD - Undercover Brother DVD - Caddyshack DVD - It's mad, mad, mad, mad world
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
I would add:
Forbidden Planet The Day The Earth Stood Still 2001: A Space Odyssey Star Trek: First Contact (best by far of the "second generation" treks)
October Sky (of course)
Me wrote:

Marooned Journey to the Dark Side of the Sun Simon (VHS only)
by the way, if you haven't looked already, look here:
http://www.spacecraftfilms.com
You will never, ever see the Mercury/Gemini/Apollo stuff put together like this is...
David Erbas-White
Forgot to add:
Silent Running Blade Runner
and on the comedy side:
The Russians are Coming!!! Rat Race Lord Love A Duck Harold and Maude
David Erbas-White (<-- that's my name, not a movie title)
David Erbas-White wrote:

noted. wasnt that fond of it, but what the heck

already on dvd

how could i miss these two!!!

got it on DVD already

did i miss any other trek dvd?
Tater Schuld wrote:

The one that came out a couple of years ago had a 'hidden' feature that only true rocket geeks will get. During a 'battle' scene, they grab a bunch of weapons out of some lockers. The front of the lockers have an image of the Apollo DSKY computer on them...
David Erbas-White

is that the correct name? cant find it.

got the gemini set and the mighty saturns: 1 and 1b
way too exspensive to buy all of them, gotta wait till they go on ebay.
If i was rich I'd have all of them.
Tater Schuld wrote:

Sorry, typed too fast.
Should be FAR side of the sun, not DARK

The Mercury set just came out, and is very highly recommended...
David Erbas-White
On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:48:52 -0800, David Erbas-White

Or Doppleganger.

I think you meant:
Galaxy Quest Spaceballs Mars Attacks
And more generally:
Explorers Metropolis First Men in the Moon Silent Running Battlestar Galactica The Forbin Project Things to Come The Day the Earth stood Still The Time Machine (1960) The Andromeda Strain 2001, 2010 Slaughterhouse Five Logan's Run Real Genius Stargate Batteries Not Included Contact
Alan

Alan Jones wrote:

This has got to be one of my all-time favorites!!!
David Erbas-White
What about A Boy And His Dog Dark Star War of the Worlds (195?) the good one!

listed as vhs only

are you out of your mind!!! the "plan 9 from outer space" of rocket movies? even the beachball looked fake!!!!

the 1953 version?
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 23:15:29 -0600, "Tater Schuld"

It's a classic!
I have A Boy And His Dog On DVD have you tried overstock .com? Yes the beach ball alien is extremely fake but look at who did the film and is worthy enough on that aspect. As was a term paper project (so I was told) is not bad in that respect. I believe it was the 1953 version. Oh you might want to get the War of the Worlds TV series also, and UFO.

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:47:12 -0600, "Tater Schuld"

Hellboy Johnny Mnenomic (well, *I* thought it was good)
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems